Three links for accessibility: 1.This page may use proprietary software. Go here to the download software webpage. 2.. 3.Request help for accessing this page through email.

Fertilizer Distributor License Information

A Fertilizer Distributor License is required of any individual or business that distributes or brokers (only) fertilizer materials (manure from a confined feeding operation [CFO] or inorganic fertilizer) directly to a certified fertilizer applicator.

If you also apply, handle or transport fertilizer material, you are not eligible for a fertilizer distributor license. You must obtain a (Category 14) Fertilizer Business License

If you distribute less than ten cubic yards or 4,000 gallons of manure from a CFO in a calendar year, you do not need a Fertilizer Distributor License or a Fertilizer Business License.

If you distribute inorganic commercial fertilizer to retail facilities, you do not need a Distributor License or a Fertilizer Business License.

To apply for the Annual Fertilizer Distributor License, complete the application form and submit it with the $45.00 fee. No exam is required for the Distribution only license. View the application form [pdf; 22 kb]