Three links for accessibility: 1.This page may use proprietary software. Go here to the download software webpage. 2.. 3.Request help for accessing this page through email.

Restricted Use Pesticide (RUP) Dealers

Restricted Use Pesticide Dealer Registration - is required of any firm that sells or offers to sell Restricted Use Pesticides (RUP) to end users (certified applicators) of those pesticides. This credential is required even if the firm holds other pesticide credentials, such as a pesticide business license. Requires that the firm maintain records of those sales for at least two years, as per 357 IAC 1-3.

When is a RUP Dealer Registration required?

In general, a RUP dealer registration is required for each business location that distributes or brokers restricted use pesticides to certified users. “Business location” means the physical site of each office, warehouse, salesroom or other establishment with a distinct mailing or electronic address at which orders for pesticide products with restricted uses are brokered or accepted from certified users. This would include facilities whose function includes allowing customers to pick up their RUP purchases. A RUP dealer registration is NOT required if the location is used solely to store pesticides.

Each registered RUP dealer location must keep records of all RUP sales for at least two (2) years from the date of sale/distribution. The records must include the following:

*Records can be kept electronically or on paper. No specific State form is required*

  1. Name of the certified applicator for whom the purchase or distribution is being made.
  2. Certification, license, or permit number of the certified applicator.
  3. If other than from the state chemist, the state, tribe or federal agency that issued the certification.
  4. Certification, license, or permit expiration date of the certified applicator.
  5. Certification, license, or permit categories of the certified applicator.
  6. Address of the certified applicator or application business that employs the certified applicator.
  7. Date of distribution.
  8. Brand name of the pesticide product.
  9. EPA registration number of the pesticide product.
  10. Amount of pesticide product distributed.
  11. Any applicable emergency exemption or state special local need registration number.
  12. Signature or verifiable confirmation of the person presenting the certification credentials, ordering or taking delivery of the product.


I want to: