Pesticide Section - How do I Obtain a PBL (Pesticide Business License)?
Three links for accessibility: 1.This page may use proprietary software. Go here to the download software webpage. 2.. 3.Request help for accessing this page through email.

Obtaining a PBL (Pesticide Business License)

Any person (individual, partnership, corporation, etc.) who applies pesticides (or fertilizers to ag fields or turf) for hire to the property of another or who advertises that they apply pesticides (or fertilizers to ag fields or turf) for hire must obtain a business license from the Office of Indiana State Chemist (OISC). To obtain a pesticide business license, a firm must:

  1. Employ at least one certified applicator. A business license and an applicator license are separate and distinct. An applicator license can be issued only to a certified applicator.

    View details on becoming a certified and licensed applicator

  2. Submit a completed application form (one application is used for both the business license and the applicator license).

    View the license application form  (pdf, 58kb)

  3. Submit a certificate of insurance for Pesticide use only (not fertilizer).

    View details on insurance requirements